Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sing Sang Sung

I usually check out the free stuff that iTunes puts out every week because sometimes they'll have some really good songs or music videos up. A while back I got lucky with a little gem by Air called "Sing Sang Sung." I liked it a good bit, but was really happy when Ben revealed that he loved the song and the music video. He's a very busy and independent kid so anything that can get him to slow down is great. Anything that can get him to stop in his tracks is a life saver.

This video has actually been of great use to us. When Ben was younger, he hated getting his fingernails and toenails clipped, but once this video started he could care less about what you were doing to him.

Today it really came in handy for me just as a father. Kristen and I were on the couch together. Ben was up on it as well going back and forth between us as he usually does. You just cannot stop that kid. He is one of the most independent children I know. Well, I put this video on and he finally stopped moving. Not only that, he was actually willing to lay down on my chest and watch the video. I, of course, put it on to repeat the video over and over and over and over and...well you get the picture. We probably listened to it 5 or 6 times through. I don't really know, I dozed off for a moment, just glad to have that brief moment with my son. Ever since he learned how to move on his own, lying down and being still hasn't happened, unless it's nap time.

That makes this a nice day.

Love you all,
Carl

1 comment:

  1. Sounds nice. It's the little things, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete